Friday, December 28, 2012

Memphis Sports December 2012

How exciting! I got to see both the Mississippi Riverkings hockey and University of Memphis basketball teams play during my visit "home" for Christmas. Of course both teams won which made the games that much sweeter to watch.

December 23 I went with my brother Bert and nephews Jesse & Jacob to see the Riverkings beat the Huntsville Havoc. It was the first time for Bert and the kids to go to a hockey game and I think they're hooked. Jesse went home with a game puck that flew over the glass, and they all 3 got shirts that were thrown into the crowd. They also got to skate on the ice after the game and even met a player. What a wonderful first game for them!! I have such awesome nephews.

Then on December 28, I got to see the Memphis Tigers win with Dennis and Austin. We had a blast! I have been a Tigers fan for over 30 years and this was the first game I have seen in person.

If I had been able to see the Grizzlies while in town, my Memphis sports week would've been complete.

Here are a few pics from both games:
































No comments:

Post a Comment