Sunday, July 10, 2011

80's Hair Bands ROCK!

I've been to two (more) AWESOME concerts in the last month. They are both groups I loved as a teenager (and still love today). They were part of the 80's Hair Band Movement.

I've loved Def Leppard since 7th grade. I had posters of them all over my walls, and almost wore out the Pyromania casette tape. I have now seen them twice in concert. Once was the early 90's, then the other was June 18, 2011. Here are a few pics. from the show.

The whole show was AWESOME! Joey went with me to the concert and said they still knew how to rock. Guess if they can pass for an 18 yr old who likes his music, it means that they're really good. :)

I had such a crush on Joe Elliott when I was a teenager. Now he's just old. (sorry Joe)

One armed drummer, Rick Allen, is better than most 2 armed drummers. It's incredible how he has overcome what has happened to him, relearned how to play with just one arm and his legs, and can rock it out with the best of them. And I commend Def Leppard for not giving up on him, but being willing to no longer play music if he wasn't able to play. Now, that's loyalty!

Thank you and good night!!!!

Now on to the 2nd 80's band I've seen in the last month. I got to see Poison rock the house last week- 7-7-11.

Poison came along in the late 80's- after Kristin was born. They wore a lot of make-up back then. Thank goodness they're "normal" now.

Here are pics from that show:
I had no idea that Bret Michaels played the mouth-harp (aka the harmonica)

Very easy on the eyes.

CC Deville can still bring it!

Sign of a good show--- ears are ringing when you leave..LOL... I remember those days. :)

Thank you Def Leppard and Poison for coming to Orange Beach, Alabama and reminding me how to rock it out 80's style.

Until next time friends- peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment