Friday, January 23, 2009

Elbow Update

Ok, so.. I've had A LOT of pain this week. I ended up going to the dr. again instead of waiting next week. This time I saw another dr in the same practice at OrthoMemphis. I like this one way better. He still said no cast (thank goodness). He said that where the crack in the bone is, a cast really wouldn't do anything more than the sling.

He also said the pain is from a bruised nerve. He said it'll heal on it's own, but may take a while (weeks). And that pain is normal. (great!!) He did give me pain "nerve" pain pills that I can only take at night because they will knock me out.

The bruised nerve is also what is causing my fingers to go numb... go figure..

He wants me to take it out of the sling every now and then to stretch out and exercise the nerve. I am also supposed to "pillow splint" my arm so I will keep it straight at night. That is basically wrapping a pillow around and tying it (or Joey says duct taping it) so I cannot bend my arm in my sleep. Kevin and I have a full sized bed so that will be very interesting. My arm will take up over half the bed..LOL

I also still can NOT lift, push, or pull with that arm. Still have to baby it and take it easy.

Ok, so that's it in a nutshell. Will write more later.

Peace Out and Love,
Becky ;)

1 comment: