Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Why Is It So Hard To Just Be Thankful?

Here it is, the 7th day of the New Year, and just 4 days about things I resolve to do in 2009 for my "non-resolutions".

I have SO much to be thankful for:

Kevin FINALLY got his license back, and is working. (yay!)

I have a pretty good job that I enjoy (most of the time..LOL) with benefits.

Joey is working- making his own money, and going to advance soon to a better paying position. (which he is excited about)

All of my family is healthy.

We have a nice, warm place to live only a few miles from mine and Joey’s jobs.

Kevin drives a company vehicle so we don’t have to worry about his gas/car expenses.

We have the most adorable, spoiled dog you could ever ask for.

I have AWESOME friends.

I have an INCREDIBLE church.

So, since I have so much, why is it so easy to think about what I don’t have? My thoughts/dreams are consumed with how I want to travel, how I want to move away from the Memphis area, and when Kevin can get time off work so we can do these things. It’s only his 6th day of work, and I’m already to blow outta here. ;)

Am I losing it? Sometimes I feel like I am, since I can’t be happy in the "here and now". It seems that I am always looking forward to something "hopefully" coming- rather than my blessings I have in front of me. Why do I do that?

Maybe I just really badly need a break to get my head on right. Maybe if I take that vacation, I can stop thinking about it and be grateful for what I have. (maybe not though. It may make me want to go on another better vacation..LOL)

Ok, I’ll stop my rambling and complaining for now. Maybe say a little prayer for me to learn to be content.

Thanks and peace out,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment