Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Swayze on Barbara Walters.. sad

I wish I would've remembered to TiVo the entire thing, but missed the 1st 38 minutes of it!!! Patrick Swayze on Barbara Walters! Wish it would replay. I've always loved him as an actor, thought he was hot way before the days of Matthew McConaughey or Brad Pitt, and love that he never got caught up in the "Hollywood Hype" by staying humble, not to mention happily married to the same lovely woman for 33 years. I think he is 1st class and the real deal all the way.

The 22 minutes I saw of the BW interview was the 1st I've seen of him since his diagnoses of cancer last year- the first since his rounds of chemo. He seemed to look so old, thin, and ill. It made me so sad to see him like that. And to hear his sweet wife was quite sad too. I must admit, I even cried. They are both really brave, strong people- full of hope and faith- still looking forward to their future together- no matter how limited or short it may be. He's come a LONG way from the days of "The Outsiders", "Roadhouse", or "Dirty Dancing". If anyone has the whole thing on TiVo, I'd love for you to tape it for me.

His new show "The Beast" starts next Thursday on A & E. I read today that in spite of his disease, he only missed 1 1/2 days of 12 hour day tapings. Wow, and to think I hate my job sometimes and wish I didn't have to be there- even when I'm healthy.

Ok, I know some will think this is corny, but a blog is for your thoughts, huh? This is what was on my mind tonight.

Have a good one and peace out,
Becky

1 comment:

  1. I haven't watched it yet but we did set the DVR to record it. William and I will probably watch it tonight when we get home. I have always loved him too and seeing the preview for the show made me so sad to see the way the illness has taken it's toll on him. I hope that many people see that cancer is such a sad disease and more research needs to be done to find a cause and a cure. Too many people suffer from it.

    ReplyDelete